Friday 10/4 (Wensits in town):
- Breakfast: Polichinkies, Bacon
- Lunch: Burgers/Brats, Baked Beans, Chips
- Dinner: Lasagna/Garlic Bread/Salad
- Dessert: Sopapilla Cheesecake
- Breakfast: Sticky Buns
- Lunch: Ham/Turkey Sandwiches, Tater Salad, Watermelon
- Dinner: Mom/AOL/Jen/Brynn Chick-Fil-A
- Breakfast: Einstein Bagels, Poppy Seed Bread
- Lunch: Eat out on the way to airport
- Dinner: Leftovers or Breakfast (if none)
- Repeat Recipe; no changes noted from last time
Wednesday 10/9: Leftover lasagna
Thursday 10/10: Caramel Chicky & Baked Taters
- Add to Meal Rotation: N
- Picky Eater Notes: The whole family turned up our noses at this one. One bite and the remainder was trashbound (and this mama does not throw away food…at least her own anyway).
- Changes/Alterations: The caramel sauce went from runny to totally black and burnt in the 30 seconds it took me to run to the bathroom and get back to the pan (seriously, it was #1 and I didn’t even wash my hands…I know, gross!). I’m going to be steamed about this one for a while. The instructions said to “be patient” while waiting for the sauce to thicken and to “whisk occasionally.” Neither of these indicated to me the importance of standing directly over the pan at all times waiting for that magic 15 second window when the sauce thickens but is not yet burnt. This was way too much prep to attempt a second time. Pass!
Friday 10/11: Cheeseburger Wraps & Fries
- Repeat Recipe; For Trey, exclude mustard/onion from meat mixture, dish up Trey’s into the tortilla and then add mustard/onion to mixture for Jen.